Museum at Eldridge Street is committed to providing an environment that ensures the health and safety of visitors and staff. Please review the following policy carefully before planning your visit. The Museum reserves the right to refuse entry to any visitor who does not comply with stated rules and guidelines.
What to Know Before Your Visit
- In accordance with The City’s Key to NYC program, the Museum at Eldridge Street requires proof of vaccination for all visitors over the age of 12. Proof of at least one dose of a WHO-authorized vaccine, and a matching photo ID, will be required before admittance to the building. Eligible forms of proof include a valid paper vaccination record, a photo of vaccination record, the NYS Excelsior Pass and the NYC COVID Safe App.
- Masks are still required for all visitors over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building. In accordance with current health recommendations, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not permitted.
- Advanced registration is highly encouraged in order to guarantee entry at a specific time. Capacity for walk-up admission is limited.
- Building capacity has been reduced; only a small number of tickets will be available for each time slot.
- Please cancel your visit if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days.
- Coat and bag check will be closed. Visitors with large bags or luggage may be denied entry to the Museum.
What to Expect During Your Visit
- Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination and a matching photo ID at admissions. Visitors unable to provide proof of at least one dose of a WHO-authorized vaccine will be unable to visit, in compliance with current New York City mandates.
- Your temperature will be checked upon entering the building. If your temperature is above 100.4°F, you will be denied entry.
- In accordance with current New York State policy and CDC recommendations, the Museum will require all visitors ages 2 and up to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of their visit, regardless of vaccination status. All Museum staff and all other adults inside the building will also be required to wear masks.
- Please be mindful of Museum staff and other visitors as you tour the space – stay six or more feet apart whenever possible and wait to use staircases, elevators, or narrow doorways if you encounter another visitor.
How We’re Ensuring the Health of Our Visitors and Staff
- Any staff member who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days is required to stay home and seek medical assistance.
- Facilities staff will clean and sanitize high-touch, high-traffic areas frequently throughout the day. The Museum will close for an hour each day to carry out additional cleaning according to CDC guidelines.
- The Museum has upgraded its air filtration system according to CDC guidelines and uses UV light to clean office space and other high-traffic areas each night.
- The Museum will encourage frequent hand washing and provide hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building.