Health & Safety Guidelines
Museum at Eldridge Street will reopen to the public on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. We are committed to providing an environment that ensures the health and safety of visitors and staff. Please review the following policy carefully before planning your visit. The Museum reserves the right to refuse entry to any visitor who does not comply with stated rules and guidelines.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- All admission must be registered in advance, for a specific date and time. Walk-up reservations cannot be accommodated at this time. Click the “schedule a visit” button on our homepage to begin your reservation.
- Early arrivals for a timed ticket will not be permitted inside the building before the corresponding time slot. Late arrivals will forfeit their reservation. Please plan accordingly to arrive promptly at your specified time.
- Building capacity has been reduced; only a small number of tickets will be available for each time slot.
- Please cancel your visit if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days.
- Coat and bag check is closed. Visitors with large bags or luggage may be denied entry to the Museum.
- We are not able to accommodate strollers inside the museum. Visitors using strollers may stow them at the entrance during their visit. The Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
- Your temperature will be checked upon entering the building. If your temperature is above 100.4°F, you will be denied entry.
- In accordance with current New York State policy and CDC recommendations, the Museum will require all visitors ages 2 and up to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of their visit. The Museum’s staff and all other adults inside the building will also be required to wear masks. Masks with direct exhaust valves are not allowed and face shields do not replace the use of face masks.
- Tour access will be restricted to the second and third floors of the building. The gift shop will be closed to the public. Restrooms will be available (during a ticketholder’s time slot only).
- The duration of your visit may not exceed 45 minutes.
- All visits to the Museum will be self-guided. You will have the opportunity to use self-guided tour materials on your phone or with a disposable printed copy provided at admission.
- Please be mindful of Museum staff and other visitors as you tour the space – stay six or more feet apart whenever possible and wait to use staircases, elevators, or narrow doorways if you encounter another visitor.
- There will be a clear path marked for navigating the building. You may not deviate from the tour path.
HOW WE’RE ENSURING THE HEALTH OF OUR VISITORS AND STAFF
- All staff members entering the building will undergo a daily temperature check and health screening.
- Any staff member who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive within the past 14 days is required to stay home and seek medical assistance.
- Facilities staff will clean and sanitize high-touch, high-traffic areas frequently throughout the day.
- The Museum has upgraded its air filtration system according to CDC guidelines and uses UV light to clean office space and other high-traffic areas each night.
- The Museum will encourage frequent hand washing and provide hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building.