- This event has passed.
Egg Rolls, Egg Creams, and Empanadas Street Festival
June 26, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Come eat and celebrate with us!
In its 21st year, the Egg Rolls, Egg Creams, and Empanadas Street Festival is a celebration of the diverse cultures that make up our Lower East Side and Chinatown community. Experience the spirit of this ever-changing neighborhood and the immigrant experience in New York City today through music, dance, crafts, cultural practices, foodways, and more!
- La Manga
- Lion, Fan, and Ribbon Dancers from New York Chinese Cultural Center
- Frank London and his Klezmer band
- Yiddish singing from The Mamales
- Vejigantes masks with Felipe Rangel
- Paper cutting and folding with Ling Tang
- Food demonstrations from Alina Shteynberg and Maria Bido
- Legacy Women
- Yiddish instrumental duo, Eléonore Biezunski and Pete Rushefsky
- Chinese music and opera from: Melody of Dragon and Oriental Operatic Artists Association
…and so much more!
We are so pleased to be partnering with our Lower East Side neighbors including:
Loisaida, CPC Open Door Senior Center, Think!Chinatown, Henry Street Settlement and Kehila Kedosha Janina Synagogue and Museum
Registration preferred but not necessary. All are welcome!
The Egg Rolls, Egg Creams, and Empanadas Festival is supported, in part, by the National Endowment for the Arts; New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature; the Office of the Manhattan Borough President / Honorable Mark Levine; New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in Partnership with the City Council; NYC & Company Foundation; and the Shanti Foundation for Intercultural Understanding.
The Festival will take place on Eldridge Street between Division and Canal Streets.
For COVID-19 safety, we will only be offering outside activities.
The Museum will be closed to visitors.